Mt Kilimanjaro Climb Team Spotlight: Manika

 Full name:  Manika Love

What city and state are you repping?  Roselle, NJ

What made you want to join this expedition?  Trekking Kilimanjaro is on my bucket list. For the challenge and to join this adventure with an amazing group of women. 

What's your favorite outdoor adventure memory, and what made it so special?  Completing a century ride (Twin Lights Ride). Riding 100 miles in one day was something I always wanted to accomplish, and in the world of biking, completing a century ride is a huge milestone. Just a proud moment that tested not only my physical but also my mental endurance. What made it so special is being able to enjoy the ride and share the moment with other ladies I rode with that were completing their first century as well.

If you could bring one item (besides essential gear) to Kilimanjaro that's not typically associated with hiking, what would it be and why?  Well, when my son was young, he collected rocks and then gifted them to me. There is one that is very special to me because of how it looks. So, my son and I will sign the rock then leave on the peak of Kilimanjaro as a gift. 

What's your go-to trail snack or meal when you need an energy boost during a hike or climb?  Blocks, peanut butter/jelly sandwich, honey zingers. Water mixed with Gatorade.

If you could choose one song to be the theme for our Kilimanjaro summit, what would it be, and why does it inspire you?  Lose Yourself by Eminem. The lyrics are so raw and true. Trekking Kilimanjaro is an opportunity to seize. 

What's the most inspiring quote or mantra that keeps you going when things get tough during a challenging hike?  Pain is weakness leaving the body. This is and will be my constant reminder, my mantra when I am facing challenges, doubt, or pain during the hike.

###

To follow Manika's journey leading up to this epic once-in-a-lifetime climb, follow her on Instagram: @mlove351 or #manikaclimbsmtkili.

To follow the entire Camping Noire team's journey, follow #campingnoireclimbsmtkili.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave No Trace: 7 Principles for Responsible Outdoor Adventures

Sisters Supporting Sisters: Camping Noire Embraces Fun & Wellness Through Double Dutch